Welcome to the NPL homepage!
- Laboratories housed within School of Electronic Engineering, NCPST & RINCE.
Class 100, 1000 and 10000 clean rooms.
- Suss MicroTec & Karl Suss mask aligners.
- K&S wedge bonder.
- Oxford Instruments PlasmaLab80 reactive ion etcher.
- Oxford Technology Plasma Enhanced CVD reactor.
- Thermal evaporators (2 turret and 4 turret).
- Spin coaters.
- Dip coater.
- Electroless Cu metal deposition system.
- Keithley SCS-4200 semiconductor parameter analyser.
- Sula Technologies Deep Level Transient Spectroscopy (DLTS)
- Jobin-Yvon LabRam800 Micro-Raman Spectroscopy system (dual laser: 325nm & 488nm)
- Jobin-Yvon Triax 300 Raman Spectroscopy system (632nm with polarisation).
- Custom-designed Gas Cell Photoacoustic Spectroscopy system.
- Surface Charge Analyser (under development)
- Liquid Phase Epitaxy system
- EuroPlasma CD300 PC- 13.56 MHz RF PECVD system
- J.A.Woollam WVASE 32 spectroscopic ellipsometer
- Perkin Elmer Lambda40 UV/VIS spectrometer
- Perkin Elmer Spectrum GX FT-IR spectroscopy system
- Quad Group Sebastian Five pull-off adhesion tester
- DC, RF & Magnetron Sputtering Facilities.
- Leader in Synchrotron X-Ray Topography (SXRT) for materials/device defect/strain characterisation.
Interested persons (particularly postgraduate students) are invited to attend the upcoming meeting of Irish Plasma and Beam Processing Group. Abstract dealine is the 1st October 2012 and further details can be found at the NCPST webpage.
NPL recently hosted the inaugural IEEE EDS/Photonics Society Dublin chapter speaker series. A group picture of the speakers and organisers can be viewed here!
NPL host the RINCE coffee morning, with the group members supplying home made food and cake for attendess to enjoy!
NPL Director Prof. Patrick McNally delivers invited talk to IEE Colloqium - 'Addressing Semiconductor Roadmap Challenges: New X-Ray Diffraction Imaging Techniques for Imaging Wafer Warpage in Systems on Chip'
Sonex Metrology wins EI Industrial Technologies Commercialisation Awadr. Full DCU press release can be found here!